What are the other ways to obtain Spanish Citizenship?
Permanent residency will be granted to foreigners who can prove at least one of the following:
1) the beneficiary of a pension fund to be included in the Spanish Social Security system
2) The beneficiary of a person is sufficiently able to provide for himself and his family due to his permanent disability, which is included in the Spanish social security system.
3) Born in Spain and eligible for legal and permanent residency for at least 3 consecutive years and immediately before applying.
4) A person of Spanish descent and, if subsequently, of Spanish nationality.
5) After reaching the legal age of 5 years, immediately before applying for permanent residence under the supervision of Spanish parents.
6) Homeless people (without having the nationality of a country in the world) and asylum seekers to be recognized in the same way.
7) Foreigners who have contributed in a clear and distinct way to economic, scientific, and cultural progress in Spain or its overseas territories.
The application for residency must contain the documents on which the application is based. The legal application procedure will be answered within 3 months from the time of submitting the application.
Once the response is announced, the foreigner has one month to apply for an ID card.
Holders of this permanent residence permit must apply for such a permit every 5 years, 60 days in advance (Saturdays, Sundays and bank holidays) from the expiration date of such permit and the payment of such permit fees.